Aquent's Fortune 50 client is looking for a Print Graphic Design Artist to work a six-month assignment with strong potential to extend, on-location for 40 hours/week in Atlanta.
Under the guidance from the Design Supervisor, the Artist, for print and collateral, will be responsible for creating layouts and sketches for ad review meetings, researching design trends, training production artists, and meeting with their merchandising partners to help provide strategic planning for incorporation into mass print and collateral materials.
The Artist will also work closely with outside creative agencies. Providing them photo and layout art direction that's consistent with creative from the advance planning team. At times, the Artist may also be involved with the advance planning team providing merchandising departmental expertise to the process.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities :
- 20% Designs images for all print advertising (including run-of-press (ROP), tabs, brochures, signs, catalogues, etc.) within the assigned product category. Designs the highest quality printed ads that are visually appealing and technically accurate using templates provided by the advance planning team. Researches trends in the home improvement industry and within other categories of retail advertising.
- 10% Maintains industry and product knowledge to help guide the creative process and to keep visual solutions consistent with trends, yet unique and innovative. Maintains image library through an electronic archiving process. Maintains a deep working knowledge of design software.
- 40% Ensures the look and feel of the print products is consistent with the direction from the Creative manager, Senior Designer, Designer and merchandising leadership, ensuring that the message conveyed follows the initial vision for the project. Ensures messages conveyed in print materials are consistent with consumer appeal of certain product categories and/or particular brands.
- 10% Adapts to design software improvements and other technology advancements to ensure that the company is an industry leader in print advertising quality and execution.
- 20% Executes work under tight production deadlines.
- MUST have a portfolio that showcases solid conceptual, color and layout skills as well as typographical skills
- 2 years of experience, plus - graphic design experience required, advertising, marketing and proofing experience also desired.
- Experience in a corporate environment or at an agency on a major account is preferred.
- Expert abilities and understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Highly organized and dependable; able to multi-task, work quickly and meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, resourceful with excellent follow-through.
- Effective organizational approach and superb interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding and appreciation for the distinction between creative expression and business objectives.