This contract Graphic Design role in Eastlake, OH is responsible for developing concepts and executing visual designs according to client provided creative briefs and style/branding guides. It ensures that work is completed to client specification within stated timeframes and the agreed upon project budget. Projects are primarily print advertising and marketing communications, but may also include Web and multimedia initiatives.
This environment can be fast-paced with quickly-shifting priorities. This position will be a part of a larger production/design team working across multiple locations with multiple clients.
Hours will be varied but will average 20 – 25 hrs per week initially.
- Review and understand project scopes, objectives, requirements, and budget parameters
- Design, layout, and format graphic files to print/Web/video specifications, and customer/government/legal requirements
- Present creative concepts to account management and clients as required
- Help identify and define best practices while managing multiple projects and timelines concurrently, taking ownership of all deliverables
- Accurately review externally supplied files; set up client files; and/or pre-flight new files
- Proactively inform management about project changes, issues, or concerns, including issues of scope, schedule, process, and quality
- Resolve project issues effectively and collaboratively with project team
- Track and report time against projects, updating project tracking information and assist with estimating resources and project costs
- Can translate creative brief into impactful designs—balancing thinking “out of the box” with achieving marketing goals, budgets, and timelines while maintaining brand standards
- Ability to initiate and articulate concepts across various forms of media and collateral
- Ability to create custom graphics/illustrations based on defined parameters
- Can organize disparate source materials into cohesive relevant design
- Excellent command of formats, typography, graphics, and layout
- Advanced knowledge of appropriate ratio of clear space, content, and graphics to achieve a consistent brand look and feel
- Understands components, cycle times, and distribution requirements for integrated marketing communications campaigns
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in creating print-ready files to required specifications
- Ability to effectively evaluate photography for both visual style and content based on client direction/feedback from existing libraries and approved stock houses
- Able to learn new software packages as needed
- 5+ years of experience in advertising, design, and/or marketing communications with at least 3 years designing impactful corporate ads and B2B marketing campaign materials within corporate identity guidelines
- Proven proficiency and understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite