• Receiving creative direction and revisions from the Art Director/Creative Director, it will be the responsibility of the Graphic Designer to use MAC based prepress programs to create preliminary layouts for presentation eventually producing final output ready files and folding mock-ups for transfer to the studio artists.
• Doing so will require the Graphic Designer to exhibit: a clear understanding of marketing objectives, an understanding of production constraints and capabilities, and possess a thorough understanding of design, layout and typography.
• Mid-Level Graphic Designers will: perform image research on needs for plastics and printed materials, provide technical direction and scheduling information to related production groups, be held accountable for the technical accuracy of their own work, be self-organized and manage deadlines and production scheduling on numerous, concurrent projects.
• Understanding of readability issues in typography.
• Can montage photos attractively; decide when to use various effects. Some drawing skills.
• Can produce files that will consistently image properly to film in prepress stage. Understands color separation, optimization of scanned images. Can typically perform trapping in page-layout or drawing program.
4-year degree specializing in graphic design or similar discipline OR Minimum 3 years industry (direct mail) experience highly preferred
Portfolio: Full-color, even 6-color brochures, direct mail or other printed pieces, some with color photos. Various bindings, die-cuts, varnishes, inserts, etc
Quark - 3+, Illustrator - 2+, Photoshop - 3+, Acrobat - 2+
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs