Our client is a Fortune-500 pharmaceuticals and biosciences industry leader with global reach. They are currently growing their design team to support their busy in-house advertising agency. This position is a long term contract opportunity and the perfect opportunity for a graphic designer and production artist to gain major corporate experience. The right candidate will have strong production experience and a good understanding of page layout and typography. If this sounds like you, please read on:
Position Description and Responsibilities
• Conceptualizes, plans, and designs creative projects according to creative brief and/or product specifications
• Works with Studio Manager to ascertain clients’ needs and develop creative/design for assigned projects.
• Specializes in one or more brands, gaining deep knowledge of the brand character.
• Produces all creative material, including procuring photography and/or illustrations, integrating copy into the design, and building mechanicals.
• Collaborates with copywriters when required, taking direction from the Account Executive and/or Studio Manager.
• Accepts feedback from the Studio Manager and Account Executive, incorporating feedback into the designs.
Skills and Knowledge Desired
• Excellent command of graphic design principles and practices, formats, typography, printing, and layout.
• Excellent project management skills, with an ability to multitask and prioritize projects to meet deadlines.
• Ability to create and produce graphic design materials using a range of media, methods, techniques, and equipment.
• Ability to translate a creative brief into a design, solving the client’s marketing/communications problem.
Experience/Position Requirements Desired
• 3-5 years of creative/graphic design plus 3 years’ agency/studio/publishing experience.
• Proficiency in MAC/PC environments and all major desktop publishing apps, including QuarkXpress and Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/Acrobat.
• 1 year in a medical/pharmaceutical or related design environment preferred.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs