About our Client:
Established in 2006, the company's products can be found in over 10,000 premium spas, salons, specialty retailers, and physician’s offices across the country, and in over 50 countries worldwide. The brand is a pioneer and worldwide leader in developing advanced beautification products. They've also recently expanded into the hair care channel with the launch of 2 new product lines!
About the Job:
This Graphic Design position will be a full-time assignment through the rest of the year. The current Graphic Designer at this company is going on Mat leave for the rest of the year. An expected return date will be Jan 2nd after the holidays and new year. They're in need of a designer to cover for this leave and assist the creative team in executing a variety of collateral, ad campaigns, seasonal campaigns, tradeshow graphics, web assets, and secondary packaging with creative flair while maintaining brand consistency. The position will be M-F onsite at their Ventura, CA office with some flexibility on hours for commute times. This person will work directly with the Creative Director and CMO on concepts for the designs and execute them according to the creative briefs. Beauty, Fashion or Retail experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field
- Minimum 2+ years of professional graphic design experience in a beauty, fashion, and/or retail brand
- Exceptional portfolio that showcases solid conceptual, color and layout skills; superior typographical skills an absolute must
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- The ability to sell, present and talk through your design thinking
- Pre-press/production knowledge & experience
- A connoisseur of design and typography with great visual sensibilities
- Developed understanding of printing, digital/offset, specialty treatments and materials in order to design with the most creative possibilities in mind
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and excellent follow-through
Deliverables (Types of projects, etc):
- Assembly/production artist level design work, layout experience is a MUST
- This person will be doing Print ads, Internal Collateral, Digital assets, weekly E-blasts, and some Gifs for social media. Additional projects can be assigned if the designer has experience in photography and/or videography.
- Clean and interesting Typography