Large Entertainment and Consumer Products brand in Glendale, CA is seeking a Graphic Designer to join their Publishing Team. This is a 5-month temporary assignment with the possibility of extending. The Graphic Designer will design and create original innovative book product concepts that speak to the brand's consumer, creating dynamic products within our core franchise brands.
**This is less of a creative role than it is working on multi-page layouts. It is a very production-heavy role and not as creative. **
The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years of graphic design experience, preferably in trade book publishing. He/she should be able to offer unique design solutions to a wide range of projects. The ideal candidate would be organized, able to prioritize his/her own workload, and skilled at collaborating with editors, illustrators, freelancers, and other departments in a fast-paced and friendly environment.
- 3+ years book design experience
- Proven talent in creating innovative book design, appreciation of typography, layout, composition, and color
- Solid computer design skills: proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Broad knowledge of print production
- Supports and/or responsible for low, medium, and occasionally high complex design projects
- Works under general supervision with design guidance.
- Manage and design a good portion of a franchise assortment of formats with cohesive theme
- Creates and executes concept design to final production ready files.
- BA / BS in related field (design, arts, or graphic design)
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite