Our client in the Retail/Hospitality/Restaurant industry is looking for a freelance designer to support them part-time on an on-going basis for various projects. Must be local for meetings but can work off-site and reliable. This person will be responsible for conceptualizing and developing creative directions that visually convey strategic marketing objectives while reinforcing their various client's brand. This role will create innovative designs for a variety of projects including online social media placements, email marketing campaigns, consumer print, and collateral materials. This role supports the creative of various culinary start-ups through design excellence and visual consistency. Portfolio featuring menu design, food/beverage or restaurant work is HIGHLY PREFERRED! Must have prior freelance experience, professional and able to meet tight deadlines. Quick response and sense of urgency required.
• Execute on established concepts and stylistic direction to support business objectives
• Produce sliced and optimized images for websites and other online projects
• Provide design support for communication materials that are in keeping with the user audience and creative vision
• Maintain and enforce brand identity
• Maintain a high-level of design and production standards and guidelines
• Set up and maintain templates for designs
• Research photography associated with projects
• Take direction well from the creative director, art directors and other project team members
• Meet objectives and deadlines
• Coordinate and work with art directors, chosen vendors and freelancers in the completion of all projects
• Self-manage multiple creative projects at once
• Identify and communicate areas of improvement and pro-actively contribute to bettering the creative team
• Requires an associate’s degree or comparable work experience and at least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Knowledge of and various processes associated with print production a plus.
• Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, PowerPoint and Microsoft Suite
• Excellent understanding of design principles
• Complete understanding of production guidelines and best practices
• Good oral and written communication skills