Our team is looking for an Entry Level Graphic Designer to join the team! The right candidate must live and work in Boise, ID.
The Entry Level Designer designs, illustrates, photographs, and collaborates with the Lead Designer, and other Aquent employees, and, as required, with the client organization to produce effective graphics and documents for the client.
The Graphic Designer completes tasks or projects under the supervision of the Lead Designer and demonstrates maturity and judgment in approaching assignments, situations, and, as required, dealings with the client.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Works under the direct supervision of the Lead Designer.
• Designs graphics and publications.
• Illustrates and photographs hardware products and processes.
• Develops drafts and final deliverables for review by the Lead Designer.
• Keeps current on tools and processes required for completing client work.
• Exhibits an excellent customer service attitude at all times.
• Brings outstanding questions or issues that relate to the content of the deliverables or documents being developed to the Lead Designer.
• Strives to become an information expert on the product being documented and provides recommendations and ideas to the Lead Designer on presentation, structure, and organization of the relevant materials.
• Proactively informs the Lead Designer about project status, issues, or concerns, including issues relating to scope, schedule, process, and quality.
• Adheres to quality (QA) processes identified by the client and as directed by the Lead Designer.
• Works with the Lead Designer to ensure high-quality interim and final deliveries. Examples include making sure that file naming and directory structures meet client expectations and that PDFs conform to Aquent or client standards.
• With the guidance of the Lead Designer, develops an awareness of client-specific specifications and knows how to implement them.
• Participates in the lessons-learned process with the Lead Designer to provide input on project and process improvements for potential incorporation into subsequent projects.
Other Duties and Responsibilities (as required)
• Participates in client review meetings as determined by the Lead Designer.
• Contributes to project status reports and manages hours and scope changes for projects as requested by the Lead Designer.
• As directed by the Lead Designer, actively documents any new processes that are identified during projects.
• At least 2 years of college, including experience with Adobe Creative Suite and satisfactory completion of design classes. May be required to provide a school transcript.
• At least 2 years of experience in technical illustration and graphic design.
• At least 1 year of experience with CAD systems. Optional, depending on work requirements.
• Proficient with computer applications, such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop. Some experience with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Preferred: Experience in the high tech industry. Experience with multi-faceted and technically complex projects.