Large Media and Entertainment company is seeking Publishing Designer. This is for a 1-month vacation coverage, but may turn into a longer term assignment (up to 18-months). In this role the Publishing Designer will design and create original innovative product concepts (ie. artwork, print, pattern) that speak to the brand's consumer, creating dynamic products within core franchise brands, extending existing business, and is capable of generating new business. Flexible personality is a must for this role!
- Supports and/or responsible for low, medium and occasionally high complexity design projects based on direction given by design management and/or strategic criteria
- Works under general supervision and little design guidance
- Understands the brands characters and storytelling and how it translates to product
- Fresh and inventive creative thinker
- Thorough understanding of all elements of design: illustration, page layout, color and typography
- Knowledge of specific function, processes, formats and software
- Able to clearly present vision/ideas in both formal and informal settings
Education / Experience / Skills:
- BA/BS in a related field (Design or Arts or Graphic Design or Product Design)
- Minimum 3-5 years related work experience
- ·Expert in Illustrator, PhotoShop
- Design entire franchise assortment with cohesive theme
- Participates in various product approvals, creative revisions and detailed comments (in writing and/or drawing)
- Produce user friendly final mechanicals
- Has professional experience generating concept, design, and mechanicals.
- Participates in OPA reviews.
- Sophisticated sense of typography, composition and color.
- Throughout project development process, collaborates creatively with other departments, including the Editorial, Art Development, Managing Editorial, and Production teams.
- Ability to translate concepts to creative design options and solutions.