GRAPHIC DESIGNER - URGENT NEED
Vitamin T's client in San Mateo is currently seeking a strong Graphic Designer. This freelance opportunity will be onsite 40 hours a week for approximately 2-3 months. The role does have the ability to move into a temp-to-hire opportunity.
High energy, fun eCommerce gifting brand. Mid-level Web & Print Designer. This individual must be a polished designer interested in helping create various marketing digital and print assets including and not limited to: emails, landing pages, brand advertisements, web banners, and catalogs.
The Designer will be responsible for conceptual development and innovative creative solutions for all digital marketing strategies. This individual will take projects from brainstorm phase through launch for a host of marketing vehicles such as email, mobile/desktop digital projects as well as, designing print components such as packaging and inserts. In this role, the Designer will frequently be tasked with delivering multiple creative solutions to complex business problems, while partnering closely with other Designers, Marketers, Merchants, Content Developers and the UI/UX teams. This individual reports under a Brand Lead.
Ideal candidate would have experience in eCommerce, strong photo education, possibly creative work in publications and/or high end retail. Additionally, they will need to have a strong eye for typography, solid/clean presentation skills and is ready to work hard and be flexible with a positive attitude. The candidate needs to be able to jump right in, with little direction/supervision.
• Design materials that enhance the brand and the overall customer experience
• Design elevated and effective desktop, mobile, and email experiences under the supervision of Brand Lead
• Drive innovation with editorial approach
• Ensure designs work within a responsive design system; reflects the client brand look-and-feel by following brand standards and actively help develop graphic standards
• Concept stories that work across digital + print platforms and transition them into final production-ready layouts
• Follow brand standards and actively develop graphic standards
• Work closely and collaborate with cross-functional teams including marketing, production, photo, and merchandising
• 3-5 years of web and print design experience; an understanding of responsive/mobile design and social media is a plus.
• Must have an up-to-date portfolio
• Extremely detail-oriented, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment simultaneously contributing to multiple projects each with aggressive development schedules.
• Strong communication skills; ability to work collaboratively on a team and cross-functionally across teams.
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
• BA/BFA in Graphic Design.
• Team player
-Ability to clearly articulate designs and design process.
-Basic understanding of HTML/HTML5/CSS a plus
*Portfolio: Clean, sharp, editorial style. Strong sense of visual design hierarchy, layout and typography skills.