CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO START ASAP. CLIENT HIRES BASED ON PORTFOLIOS, NO INTERVIEWS.
Pay Rate: $35/hour
The Marketing Graphic Designer will work closely with Marketing team to create promotional campaigns and other online marketing designs. We are looking for someone that has strong attention to detail, fluency designing for myriad digital platforms, and dedication to quality.
1-3 month contract
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Design, document and deliver timely web, mobile and app designs for a variety of scenarios while maintaining brand standards. Pursue unique design solutions while considering interactive best practices to accomplish business and project objectives.
- Create storyboards, wireframes and spec sheets as appropriate for customer experience flow, animations or use cases.
- Team up and work closely with copywriters on the creation of new concepts.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and other designers to continuously improve and innovate. Incorporate best practice findings into designs as well as work closely with marketing/tech to determine best approach for proposed improvements.
- Own design responsibilities on projects. Demonstrate ability to own larger projects, manage day-to-day work flow while maintaining larger project timelines and deliverables, with a high level of self-sufficiency – from beginning design concept to end product. Manage day-to-day work.
- Advocate for both the brand and the customer by delivering a quality customer experience. Identify areas of improvement and create unique, innovative solutions to enhance the customer experience and drive revenue.
- Develop high-quality concepts, iterations and finished designs, actively seeking feedback from Creative and Business stakeholders. Work collaboratively with business partners and experts to determine project course of action. Provide goal-oriented design solutions while working autonomously.
- Report back to supervisor and Creative Leads on conclusions, successes, and lessons learned in order to improve processes, collaborate on methods, and create tools to improve productivity and quality.
- Communicate status of work and occasional presentation of final work with key project stakeholders and business partners across Creative, Merchandising, Marketing, Studio and Dev teams. Be able to effectively communicate how design solutions connect to business goals.
- Maintain strong relationships with all levels of business while moving projects forward. Lead through ambiguity by identifying roadblocks or bottlenecks by addressing them and taking action to ensure project success.
- Develop creative systems that have lasting impact on the improvement of product quality and team productivity.
- Regular presentation of work with key project stakeholders and business partners across Creative, Merchandising, Marketing, Studio and Store teams. Should be comfortable presenting concepts, explaining process, driving home key take-aways or learnings in professional manner in front of small and large groups.
- 3+ years of design experience including layout, typographic and interactive design for web, mobile and print.
- Thorough understanding and appreciation of current web technologies and trends as well as experience with mobile, apps and responsive design; able to apply this knowledge in day-to-day work. Knowledge of html, css, and other coding languages a plus.
- High level of self-awareness of strengths and opportunities, exhibited through curiosity, creative approach and ownership of own personal development.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and presentation skills, must be highly collaborative.
- Self-driven, eager to learn and goal-oriented with strong time management skills; able to self-manage time and work as part of a team.
- High level of proficiency in graphic tools including but not limited to Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Experience in Flash or AfterEffects a bonus.
- Calm under pressure, can excel and thrive in a high-volume and fast-changing environment.
- Proactive problem solving, both technically and creatively as well as an active interest in learning new tools and technologies.
- Exceptionally rigorous work ethic, adaptable to ever-changing hours, demands and ambiguous direction; able to re-focus and develop quick iterations in projects as scope demands.
- Strong attention to detail and order.
- Exhibit stylistic breadth, consistency, attention to detail balanced with beauty and innovation. Strong proficiency with type, layout and image composition.
- Excellent visual design skills necessary and outstanding design portfolio required.