Do you believe a great story can change the world? Do you believe you can tell that story?
We're looking for dreamers, star gazers, story-tellers. We're in need of a designer who can lead projects where our clients want to tell their story from concept through to a new experience! Think that's you? Then keep reading....
Summary: We are seeking a well rounded designer who is equally at home in conceptual work as they are in production detail. You have a specific strength in brand building from logo development through brand systems and guideline development and can show this process in your Portfolio. You understand how to craft a brand identity that can stretch across multiple communications (print, digital and environmental). A strong second for you is digital.
You'll be great for this role if you (are):
- Adapts to Change – Accepts and adapts to change in a professionally appropriate and thoughtful manner.
- Positive – Uses creativity and a glass half-full posture to drive progress and encourages others to do the same.
- Critical Thinker – Able to assess a problem or situation using effective logic. Able to approach problems from different perspectives.
- Strategically creative – Creates based on gut, but also an ability to build a solid rationale and narrative to solve design challenges.
- Manages Time – Accurately estimates the time required to complete actions and activities; adheres to schedules and timetables; sensitive to the use of other people’s time.
- Resourceful – Takes action on his/her own without being prompted; handles problems independently; able to resolve issues without relying on extensive help from others.
- Team Builder – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- 2+ years of design experience (Agency experience a plus - will consider candidates with less years of experience if portfolio demonstrates the below)
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Design/Advertising/related field, or equivalent work experience
- Are fluent in Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign
- Ability to communicate project status, issues, and resolutions to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- A demonstrated ability to roughly estimate how long a design challenge will take to complete
- Comfortable handling multiple projects, and doing great work under tight deadlines
- Able to give and receive feedback
- Able to present your work – communicating solid rationale for design choices
- Comfortable with working on faith-based, churches and Christian clients — a key element of many of our clients
- Passionate about your craft (actively reading, growing, learning)
- Are comfortable collaborating, working on a team and alone
- Able to switch gears from commercial to nonprofit projects and clients.
- Illustration capability is a plus