The Graphic Designer - Marketing (Print) is responsible for project management and creation of high-quality print materials to support Corporate Marketing. The ideal candidate is independent, highly-motivated, self-directed, and possesses a positive, can-do attitude. This person must enjoy working with technically complex material and in a high-pressure, fast-paced, and deadline-oriented environment. The position requires the skills necessary to collaborate and work alongside executive leadership and a wide-range of different individuals, work within brand standards, and be open to design input and feedback.
• Take the lead on the design and production of high-quality marketing and communications collateral, including but not limited to case studies, sales data sheets, brochures, presentations, printed materials, and web graphics.
• Work with internal clients to gather information and understand the requirements of their projects, managing multiple projects independently with competing deadlines.
• Work collaboratively with other artists and take art direction well.
• Communicate well and use critical thinking to provide creative solutions to address client needs/challenges.
• Maintain the Halliburton brand standards and guidelines on all deliverables.
Required Education & Experience:
• Completion of an Associate’s degree in Graphic Arts, Advertising, Marketing or Communications.
• A minimum of 3-5 years in print layout/production experience required. Additional digital design, marketing and project management experience is recommended.
• Must have an in-depth understanding of graphic design: the ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color effectively. (A good sense of design and a good eye for composition.)
• Demonstrated expertise in the design of print and digital marketing materials.
• Ability to work in a fast, yet highly creative way on multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
• Strong attention to detail and a positive attitude.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work comfortably with Senior and Executive management
• Ability to manage time and projects effectively, following internal processes and communicating timelines and progress with internal clients.
• Expertise in the following design programs (on the Microsoft Windows operating system): Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel