The Graphic Designer is responsible for developing and executing innovative and creative designs across the client website and all associated digital assets including email campaigns and social media.
Primary responsibility: Email and homepage design in a fast-pace production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Translate business objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, easy to use and emotionally engaging with consistent brand integrity.
- Deliver accurate, on-time and on-brand emails, homepage, category landing pages and other digital assets.
- Maintain a user-centric mindset for all designs across desk-top, mobile and email environments; Implement best practices for digital design usability and conversion.
- Produce design specifications, scenarios, and design prototypes for review when necessary; present multiple solutions per project.
- Initiate concepts and work independently and/or with other designers.
- Manage timing and deliverables for project work; Must be able to handle a number of projects simultaneously.
- Prepare and optimize images.
- Strong knowledge of design fundamentals, layout, typography, information hierarchy, and web specifications.
- Expert in idea generation, as well as collaboration with copy and photography creative partners.
- Experience working for a retail e-commerce site strongly preferred.
- Must be detailed-oriented, well organized and able to thrive in deadline driven environment.
- Ability to apply user interface and interactive design best practices to projects.
- Solid experience with resizing, optimizing and slicing of graphics.
- Proven ability to work closely with Content Specialists, Project Managers and others to ensure projects meet deadlines and participate in creative content planning sessions.
- Experience in web site mapping, navigation optimization and wireframe composition.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible in job duties and willing to take on added responsibility when necessary.
- Knowledge of photographic techniques a plus.
- Work samples or links to portfolio REQUIRED to be considered.
- Proficient on Mac-based computers and software including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator (3+ years)).
- Must be proficient with MS Office applications including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS and/or JS for web, email and mobile campaigns helpful, not required.