LABOR TYPE: CREATIVE - 50% MU
LOCATION: 1020 N. FRENCH ST. WILMINGTON, DE
Our client is a large financial institution in Wilmington, DE and they are looking for a Graphic Designer for a 12 to 18 month contract for their full service, in-house advertising agency. Health benefits and 401K are offered through Aquent.
Responsibilities of Graphic Designer:
• According to production specifications, conduct all phases of project execution required for project release to printers, service bureaus, etc.
• Maintain job folders and documentation.
• Keep abreast of technology and software advances in the field and is able to apply such advances to his/her daily tasks.
• Partner with other disciplines (account, traffic, production) to provide comprehensive and inclusive project management.
Attributes of Graphic Designer:
• Has a solid understanding of printing and production processes, pre-press, proofing and specifications.
• Has solid working experience building files for print and digital.
• Will consistently communicate with team regarding project details, specifications and status.
• Although this is not specifically a design role, he/she understands and supports creative objectives.
• Has solid typography knowledge:
- Style sheets
- Paragraph styles
• Has solid working knowledge of info graphics:
- Building charts and tables
- Pulling data from Excel to Illustrator and InDesign
Requirements for Graphic Designer:
• 5-6 years advertising/graphic arts production work experience.
• Strong understanding of printing process and pre-press proofing and specifications.
• Proficient in required software applications (below)
• Is organized and has a keen attention to detail and proofing of own work.
• Has strong communication and organization skills.
• Basic knowledge of financial/banking advertising.
• Has experience in financial services (a plus but not required).
• Has a degree or its equivalent (a plus but not required).
• Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
• Comfortable working in a collaborative manner in a matrix environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
Software Must-Haves for Graphic Designer:
• CS5 Suite - including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro, QuarkXPress
• Mid to High-level PowerPoint
• MS Office Suite – including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs