Aquent Studios seeks a highly talented and experienced Graphic Designer to develop concepts and execute visual designs for major high fashion campaigns. Adhering to our client’s brand guidelines, the designer will work primarily on print advertising and marketing communications, but may also work on Web and multimedia initiatives. Utilizing Adobe Creative Cloud, responsibilities will also include preparing graphic files for various platforms while maintaining the integrity of the content, art, design, and brand. This is a well-rounded role that will allow our designer some variety and the ability to use different types of skills.
This role requires great accuracy while working in a very fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities. This accuracy extends to quickly formatting graphic files to exacting print specifications. This is an ideal role for a designer who thrives under pressure and enjoys the challenge of staying flexible to changing circumstances. A proactive approach to communication and problem-solving is important, as is being comfortable in client-facing situations. The designer will need to present concepts to account management and other internal clients, gracefully communicating design strategies appropriate to client objectives.
This is a full-time, salaried role that requires attendance at meetings in our client’s office in Century City approximately once a week. As such, we seek candidates based in Los Angeles, preferably near West L.A.
- Develop a keen understanding of clients’ visual brands, style guides, target audiences, and communication objectives and apply them across all aspects of design, from concept to production
- Review and understand project scopes, objectives, requirements, and budget parameters
- Help identify and define best practices while managing multiple projects and timelines concurrently, taking ownership of all deliverables
- Work a flexible schedule depending on client deadlines and volume of projects
- Work on special projects or other tasks, as assigned by the Account Director and/or Art Director
Skills and Requirements
- Beautiful design portfolio demonstrating prior experience with high end marketing and advertising campaigns
- Concept through production skills across various forms of media and collateral, with the ability to maintain brand standards, budgets, and timelines
- Ability to organize disparate source materials into cohesive relevant design
- Understanding of components, cycle times, and distribution requirements for integrated marketing communications campaigns
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in creating print-ready files to required specifications
- Knowledge and understanding of how to translate designs for Flash, Web, and video use is preferred
- Ability to effectively evaluate photography from libraries and stock houses for both visual style and content
- Ability to learn new software packages as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or comparable work experience
- 5+ years of experience in advertising, design, and/or marketing communications with at least 3 years designing impactful corporate ads and B2B marketing campaign materials within corporate identity guidelines
- Fashion and/or retail industry experience
- Proven proficiency and understanding of Adobe Creative Suite programs