Under the direction of the Studio Design Manager and team, this individual will concept, design and execute instructional product guides and in-package print collateral that communicates product instructions and brand messaging.
(60%) Design instructional guides and in-package print communications, that includes:
• Utilizing consumer insights to guide item level design decisions.
• Understanding brand strategy, as well as Marketing, Engineering and Design & Development objectives.
• Conceptualizing and presenting multiple, innovative concepts to meet brand-messaging objectives, deliver play experience and story.
• Directing photo shoots (model and product), illustration/illustrators, and outside design resources as needed.
• Executing instructions guides that effectively communicate product assembly and operation.
• Executing in-package printed collateral (brochures, posters, cross-sells, activity sheets, etc.) that conveys strong visual branding and marketing message.
• Providing progress reports.
(20%) Collaborate with development teams, that includes:
• Initiating and attending team meetings, project kick-offs, approval meetings, and status meetings.
• Understanding and working within cost parameters for design solutions.
• Monitoring and abiding by legal, licensor, and regulatory requirements.
(20%) Manage projects and delegate individual assignments, that includes:
• Driving multiple projects throughout staggered stages of development.
• Delegating whole or partial design projects to production designers, internal agency temps, and outside vendors.
• Prioritizing work to maximize support and ensure high quality results.
Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (or equivalent experience).
Senior level or 5+ years graphic-design experience; minimum 3 years experience managing projects and schedules.
Performs work that is complex and varied in nature. Defines and discerns key aspects of a problem and develops an integrated solution within a broad technical and business context of significant impact.
Professional qualities and skills:
• Creativity, focus and strong self-management.
• Impeccable organization skills, with the ability to oversee multiple projects, costs and schedules.
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to absorb, process, distill and communicate complex information.
• Expert knowledge of CS6 InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat.
• Working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience with, production requirements and printing.
• Ability to a build production-ready file.
The successful candidate will also: enjoy challenging work, brainstorming and problem-solving; respond well to feed-forward; be detail-oriented and efficient, yet flexible; be personable and articulate; understand of the importance of building strong work relationships.