Graphic Designer, Brand Communications - Global fashion apparel brand
This is a 2 month freelance position with a strong possibility to extend and/or convert full time!
This is s Mid - Sr. level role.
Reports to: Associate Art Director
Location: New York
The fashion apparel Brand Graphic Designer works with the Brand Communications team to bring to life the Brand story through digital media. As part of the Brand Graphic Design team this role is responsible for the design, look and feel of all internal communications assets for use with HQ and Field employee communications and ensuring they bring impact and consistency and promote the brand vision.
This role listens to business partners to understand their needs then develops creative ideas and concepts to meet their brief, working within the identified brand guidelines. This role will advise on strategies to reach a particular audience and create design solutions with high visual impact.
This role will work to create a variety of assets, both digital and print, such as:
• Graphics, logos and images
• Training materials, posters and presentation materials
• Event and message branding
The person in this role should be passionate about communications and design and look for new and innovative ways to engage to a global audience.
This role will need to work closely and collaboratively with the brand communications team in New York and the regional communications teams across the globe to deliver seamless and consistent materials.
Experience and qualifications
• 5 years proven track record in graphic design
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field
• Excellent communications skills
• Understanding of and experience using traditional and digital communications tools and a willingness to continue learning how to engage via new mediums
• Comfort with working with remote teams and reporting to a remote manager
• Ability to work with a range of software, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and/or other industry standard and keep up to date with emerging technologies
• Ability to think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
• High attention to detail and ability to proofread to produce accurate and high-quality work
• Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and deliver work on time and within budget
• Ability to work with multiple business partners and be open to feedback and willing to make changes to proposed designs
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize, work under tight deadlines and pressure
• Ability to manage confidential, sensitive information discreetly
• Ability to work globally, collaborate with others and work effectively across teams without direct reporting relationships
• Willingness to work nights/weekends as required.