This all organic, seed-to-skin, beauty product line is looking to add a new graphic designer to their in house marketing team. This designer will work with the Spa, Retail and Digital Marketing teams to provide design and retouching support. The graphic designer will support global initiatives by delivering creative assets and any design elements needing adjustments for the US local market team. Designs will be created for web, mobile, print, visual merchandising and minor editing of photography.
This position is a long term contract through all of 2018 and will start ASAP. This position requires the designer to work onsite in Santa Monica, CA. 3 days a week. These 3 days (24 hours/week) are flexible to the designers schedule and can change depending on the workload of the marketing team during peak seasons.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development of design concepts and the execution of designs using creative briefs as the foundation for all projects
- The majority of projects will be developed from existing brand assets; however, there will be new designs and iterations of the brand and promotional strategies
- Development of designs for web with a mobile-first strategy
- Design and edit digital and print assets including promotional campaigns, key branding visuals, store display renderings, packaging, retail graphics, product launch guides, trade ads, print marketing collateral, and tradeshow props
- Take ownership of projects through production.
- Create materials based on existing style guides to fit brand image
- Remain aware of all campaign details to deliver consistency of images
- Reformat and re-size files to multiple dimensions and file formats
- Retouching and editing of artwork files as required.
- Design displays for tradeshows and point-of- sale (POS) displays for specialty retail stores
Preferred Qualifications and Attributes:
- Minimum 2+ years of professional graphic design experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in fine art, graphics or visual communications or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with clients and project teams to execute high-level creative solutions
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
- Designer should have some knowledge of the website experience (UX)
- Knowledge of the beauty and/or retail industry is a plus (but not required)
Items Necessary for Application:
- Updated resume with contact information
- Updated portfolio with most recent work showing experience with print, web, mobile, packaging, tradeshow, etc.