• In addition to Junior capabilities, the Intermediate Graphic Artists will exhibit: a clear understanding of marketing objectives, an understanding of production constraints and capabilities, a thorough understanding of design, layout and typography
• The Graphic Artist will be self-organized and manage deadlines and production scheduling on numerous, concurrent projects.
• Provide recommendations to improve production process or technology
• Good eye for typography; can make judgment calls that visually improve typographic values in a Quark document.
• Experienced at building complex layout files with linked color photos and EPS graphics, to be printed with variable page shapes (e.g., die cut tabs) and/or variable page sizes from same file.
• Can perform a trapping in Quark or in drawing program.
• Truly understand the relationship between scanner resolution, print line screens, color depth, and similar issues.
• Scanning skills include unsharp masking with numerical understanding, descreening, color correction, etc.
• Can create good color separations from Photoshop or Quark.
• Good familiarity with a wide range of commercial (third-party) Quark XTensions.
4-year degree specializing in graphic design or similar discipline OR Minimum of 3 years industry experience with prepress professional level portfolio of past work
• Based on past experience, begins to identify areas of improvement of the production process and/or final product.
Quark - 3+, Illustrator - 3+, Photoshop - 3+, Acrobat - 2+