Our awesome beauty client is looking for a contract Global Sr. Brand Manager to work on-site in Westwood, CA. This is a 9 week contract with the possibility for extension. A work station and parking will be provided. They are looking to hire immediately! However, interview dates are set for next week on June 8th & 9th. Please also read the entire job description!
Be a part of the leading nature-inspired, specialty beauty brand in mass market and e-commerce channels in the United States! Get to know the brand from inside out as you get hands-on with our award-winning line up of facial masks and beauty essentials. Interact daily with a bright and driven team of people in an environment that fosters collaboration and personal development. If you are passionate about beauty, are savvy with trending ingredients, and excel about creating and launching new products, then we want you! This is a unique opportunity to use your expertise in global brand building and product development on our fastest-growing brands. Our Marketing Department is looking for a bright, talented individual who is looking for an exciting opportunity to take initiative leading cross-functional teams, think “big picture,” drive creativity, and bring passion to our Marketing department as a Global Senior Brand Manager.
1. Product Development - understanding process on the development, formulators, and writing creative briefs.
2. Creative Copywriting - for strategy, product packaging, sales slides copy, and brand materials - must own the product and the brand.
3. Concept Development - experience in creating concepts in how to sell the product by creating the story behind the product and brand.
4. Project Management - maintaing the execution and delivery of all the different end deliverables.
5. Powerpoint - capable of working in the program with provided templates with minor layout changes.
POSSIBLE OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage assigned brands with key areas that directly influence the success of the business and drive growth, including product innovation, packaging, promotions, COGS, margins, competitive landscape, revitalization, launch plans and launch materials.
- Act as expert and key point person for assigned brands performance by completing key business analyses including: competitive market/trends assessment, SKU rationalization, pricing/sizing analysis, and market research analysis.
- Manage innovation calendar and kick-off product development by issuing all necessary paperwork (Concept Briefs, New Product Development Stage Gate Briefs for approval by the Senior Management Team) and clearly communicate project details and objectives to cross-functional team.
- Prepare COGS objectives for NPD and competitive pricing/sizing analysis.
- Monitor individual SKU performance, identify poor performers and strategy for discontinuation.
- Manage and develops brand P&L (product cost engineering, promotional ROI).
- Initiate packaging artwork, merchandising and collateral development, including copy and translations.
- Review packaging artwork for accuracy on copy and UPCs.
- Manage product development process and timelines for key initiatives such as new product launches and brand revitalizations to ensure committed STT dates are met.
- Lead cross-functional development team (Creative, Operations, R&D/Product Development, Trade Marketing and Sales) throughout development process - from concept to on-time delivery.
- Maintain notes for weekly Marketing/Ops meetings, coordinate updates.
- Conduct in-depth monthly brand analysis to identify products that drive the best ROI.
- Perform store checks on a frequent basis to observe competitive product launches and stay on top of the retailer environment.
- Lead development of trade promotions on assigned brands and manage execution by Trade Marketing Manager.
- Develop all Sales materials for assigned brands including account presentations and brand plans for US, International and Canada.
- Develop monthly content for e-commerce promotional programs, digital marketing and e-blasts on core brands that support corporate milestones.
- Provide tracking, reporting and analysis of e-commerce performance data including trending and key metrics of promotions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business related function required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA)a plus.
- 5 years of brand experience with emphasis in new product development.
- 2 years of beauty marketing experience preferred.
- Experience with e-commerce and digital marketing a plus.
- Track record of success launching new products on time, within budget that meet performance objectives at retail.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships across functional areas of the business enabling the successful achievement of initiatives.
- Strong execution, leadership and consensus building/decision-making skills.
- Can move easily and comfortably between quantitative analytics and marketing creativity, with the ability to think strategically or tactically in different situations.