This is with a large medical device client in Vernon Hills, IL.
The role is accountable for the achievement of key marketing functional goals at a product line level; influences the development and drives the execution of functional or product line plans. Decisions or recommendations impact sales and/or expense budget performance; may manage a formal marketing expense budget driving top line sales performance. Influences within work area/ department/ function; provides significant input into product line-related business decisions and resource planning; plays critical role in key projects/ initiatives, often leading project/ initiative teams, including marketing core team member on product development core team. Demonstrates marketing expertise through specific and advanced set of skills and knowledge, e.g. branding, product development, forecasting. Contributes to worldwide product planning and strategy; may serve on a Product Development Core Team or leadership team of a large Worldwide Product Line. Manages all aspects of product marketing plans for assigned products to ensure the achievement of financial/budget expectations and product line strategies, including market sensing, market development and marketing mix.
o Manages drivers of demand for assigned product line(s) such as pricing strategy, channel strategy, contracting, and product mix.
o Participates as a Marketing Core Team Member on cross-platform technical teams, delivering the marketing leadership and support needed to the relevant projects. Drives global sales of $309M for the IV Access product line that includes needle-free connectors and fluid management products across all nine platforms.
• Accountable for the entire product life cycle, from planning through development, launch, and retirement phases for the IV Access portfolio.
• Manages inventory levels, forecasts and monitors shipments for platforms. • Collaborates with cross functional teams such as: sales, sourcing, engineering, manufacturing and buyers/planners on new product development, driving growth and cost savings.
• Completes product line review to analyze and recommend changes in pricing strategy for legacy portfolio.
• Provides internal subject matter expertise for category products by leveraging industry knowledge, research, customer interactions and industry events as information sources.
• Responsible for marketing responsibilities for cost savings activities netting to $1.2M in the next 12 months.
• Develops selling tools, training material and clinical protocols for marketing and sales team for all nine regions