Role: Global Digital Content Strategist
Placement type: Full-time freelance
Duration: 12 month rolling
Start date: 2nd June 2014
WHO YOU ARE
You’re not scared of hard work and getting your hands dirty. You’re someone who is able to navigate complex organisations and establish positive relationships to get things done. People say you can be relied upon to deliver, and you’ve got strong results to show for it. You’re a passionate marketer, and someone who believes that success is derived from a team effort, and not by individuals. And most importantly, you evangelize what our customers want and turn that into commercial value for the business.
You will be a digital content evangelist, serving as a resource and advisor in the organisation, staying at the cutting edge of global trends in how digital and social media are being used across the world to engage with audiences. You’ll understand new business opportunities and be able to translate market trends into actionable outcomes that drive greater consideration and brand preference for the brand.
You will have a proven track record in a similar role and have experience of setting a content strategy for the short, medium and long term, driving accountability, tracking and optimisation of the calendar. You will have strong influencing skills and have the ability to work in a complex global environment with multiple global and local stakeholders. You will be an excellent communicator with strong project management skills who can also demonstrate emotional intelligence and drive through solutions in grey areas.
This role is an important part of the Digital team, supporting the Global Digital Marketing Manager to implement the brand's digital story and manage the deployment, publishing and optimisation of content across digital platforms.
- You will maintain best practices for the creation and management of all content and ensure that the organisation is always in touch with new content trends and activities. Seeking to identify the need for, and implement, reviews of brand content strategies as well as chairing monthly editorial planning sessions.
- Responsible for all content across pilot markets, accountable for the quality, quantity and direction of our editorial content including prioritisation of production and implementation across the year.
- Optimise the format of content for websites, social media, mobile, paid media and mobile apps; owning the process for sharing content with other channel owners so that content is leveraged through the line into Loyalty communications and in the forecourts at POS for example.
- Manage contact with the internal network of country site managers, and local marketing teams to ensure that our website and social media presences meet high editorial, usability and effectiveness standards.
- Be the focal point working closely with the Global CRM comms team to test and pilot digital as part of our CRM strategy.
- Ownership and development of a ‘turnkey’ Global Digital Toolkit that will guide and instruct local marketing teams to be self-sufficient and maximise an ‘always on’ approach to digital communications.
- Lead the agency and work with internal teams to set up a global asset management system to allow sharing of content and assets with the local markets and wider communications community eg. the BTL and Loyalty teams.
- Support the Global Digital Marketing Manager in the annual planning process for idea inception, budget planning and local market audits to develop the future priorities and ensure alignment with PR, ATL, BTL, Brand and other teams.
- You will be expected to support presentation and demonstration to senior management level new ideas, and how digital content impacts sales.
- Ensure due diligence with our agency and production partners managing the delivery of the agreed scope of work, on time, and on budget.
- Set a high standard in terms of general behaviour, appearance and professionalism.
The role requires someone with a strong balance of creative skills and commercial acumen to identify opportunities and ground them in business benefit; and the negotiating skills to develop partnerships with internal stakeholders and global third party organisations.
Digital has changed the way that organisations need to think and this role is fundamental in pioneering that approach, keeping in mind that we are a risk-averse organisation, with few digital experts. This person therefore needs to demonstrate success in delivering projects that demonstrate the role that digital plays in driving awareness, enhancing the shopper marketing journey, optimising conversion, and how digital integrates with other channels to maximise a customer contact strategy.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- 8 – 10 years of digital marketing experience with demonstrated success across the full breadth of ATL, website/ecommerce, mobile, social media, CRM and measurement
- Demonstrated success for how digital and social media fits and delivers commercial objectives within integrated campaigns
- A proven track record in defining and leading content marketing strategies for large companies
- Experience in and passion for motoring sector
- Ability to understand and translate business challenges into smart digital marketing solutions
- Management of large scale website redesign projects from wireframing to design
- Experience with mobile and multi-screen projects
- Exceptional presentation skills, with experience of presenting strategy and securing buy-in
- Demonstrated ability to work positively under pressure, meet deadlines and deliver results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Business and/or Marketing qualifications
- Track record of effectively leading cross-functional teams.
A global brand within the energy sector with a marketing team creating content for more than 70 countries and territories.
Please apply with your CV and an email / cover letter highlighting your relevant experience based on the above role requirements.
Please note all candidates will need to undertake a 2 stage interview process.
** Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Role: Global Digital Content Strategist