As a key contributor to the creative team, this position is responsible for concepting, writing and proofreading marketing and communication materials for clients diverse audiences. The copywriter plays a lead role in crafting highly conceptual, compelling copy that consistently communicates the brand voice. Primary copywriting responsibilities include: branding for cosmetics and skincare. Mediums include packaging, channel marketing, international, direct marketing, signage, social media, press material and online communication. A demonstrated knowledge in marketing, retail and brand messaging is essential—experience in skincare and beauty required. Also requires expertise in copyediting and proofreading for all projects, including print and online. This position entails a significant amount of initiative, creativity, independence and organization with the ability to originate ideas and manage a variety of projects. Must be able to prioritize while multi-tasking and handle pressure with adherence to quality and deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment where innovation, creativity, a positive attitude, growth, passion and fun are valued.
- Develop and write creative copy for projects including, but not limited to, all packaging copy, brand materials, direct mail, email, online communications, press releases, retail promotional signs, postcards and other marketing materials.
- Create original and highly creative names for kits, products and shades; responsible for creating and cataloging shade descriptions for all new shades.
- Communicate a consistent, compelling and brand-appropriate voice throughout all communications.
- Work closely with Copy Manager and Creative Director to lead concepts and write marketing communications materials.
-Work closely with the Global Brand and Product Development to ensure accurate, consistent, and high quality messaging in all marketing and communications materials.
- Manage multiple writing projects with the ability to meet constant deadlines, follow status schedules, and demonstrated flexibility to manage shifting priorities.
- Understand and manage translations projects.
- Understand legal and regulatory process.
- Provide advice and strategic input in the development of seasonal concept overviews.
- Develop familiarity with clinets products in order to identify features and benefits and ensure copy is thorough and accurate.
-Work to continually improve copy across all channels.
- Review all copy to ensure accuracy of information and mechanics of writing, which includes punctuation, spelling, structure and organization.
- Correct and revise copy until approved.
- Maintain history of all copy revisions throughout entire project cycle.
- Ensure the correct use of trademark symbols according to legal guidelines.
- Develop familiarity with high-risk legal terms for U.S. and international markets.
- Update and maintain Copy Guide with all new approved product copy.
- Maintain organized filing system of key information materials on spelling usage, brand style and other legal specifications and updates files on a regular basis.
• BA in English, Journalism, Marketing or related field
• Minimum of 4 years copywriting experience; minimum 2 years skincare/beauty copywriting experience
• Proofreading or copyediting experience 3 years
• Proven experience writing within a creative team
• Marketing/retail experience preferred
• Excellent command of the English language required
• Thorough understanding of the rules governing the grammar and usage of the English language as well as familiarity with standard reference texts
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs