Native German Speaking Copywriter
Based in Hamburg
Competitive salary based on experience **Offering referral bonus should you know anyone with this skill-set**
My client is a creative agency with a studio in Hamburg looking to hire a senior copywriter who is a native German speaker. You will be working with one of their key clients in financial services.
The role will be focused on leading the copywriting requirements and acting as a guardian for the client’s brand, so the ability to lead, review and challenge creative input for areas to improve will be key.
Reporting to Design Team Leader, you will bring creative copy to the table, taking briefs and working in partnership with client and the onsite team to deliver ideas directly to the client.
You will be responsible for the creation of well written, grammatically correct and engaging content that will be used on client websites and for global and local marketing campaigns therefore we are looking for a Copywriter with strong consumer, B2B and internal communications background, ideally with integrated experience.
- Produce original copy, long and short, strap lines and headlines (in German) for multi-channel marketing campaigns and technical specifications.
- Brainstorming visual and copy ideas with the Design Team Lead.
- Amending copy in line with client’s feedback
- Working closely with both the client and the OLIVER team to deliver all copy. ensuring consistency and accuracy across all messaging to the agreed briefs and established brand values.
- Client relations, acting as a main point of contact on-site, managing day to day relationships with key stakeholders
- Creative and quality oversight for work produced in the team
- Follow our clients tone of voice throughout everything the team delivers, but also to challenge the brand when needed
- Undertake research and develop an understanding of our clients, target audience and competitor product.
- Creating engaging and concise copy for on and offline content which may include consumer, B2B and internal audiences.
- Work with the key clients to provide:
- Sales assets adaptation, mostly letters and banners (print and online)
- Template and stationery development and adaptation for MS Office and print
- Internal communications (print and online)
- Asset (graphic and text) production for social media (currently Facebook only)
- On-site design updates (mostly posters and signs)
- Support on tone of voice for OOH assets
- Support on one-off projects (eg brand day, anniversaries, social activities)
- Constant and pro-active branded assets optimisation throughout the company
- To review and update internal documents (where appropriate).
- To communicate progress at every stage of the copywriting process for the smooth running of work and planning schedules.
- Minimum 5 years experience in B2B marketing campaigns.
- Native German Speaker or equivalent German speaker / writer
- Responsible for brand guardianship – applying consistency across all outputs. Strength CRM (mid-length comms), experience in digital and offline
- Excellent client engagement skills with the ability to proactively organise and influence clients and build strong and effective working relationships
- Possess creative and conceptual flair and enjoy working closely with designers to generate new ideas and solutions to projects
- Have a proven track record of writing experience preferably within a financial services environment
- Strong knowledge and experience writing sales copy and internal communications
- Possess good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and under pressure
- Creative and imaginative, and curious about clients' products or services
- Skilled in writing accurate, clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Work well under pressure and manage workloads effectively
- Highly self-motivated and well organised
- Have an eye for detail
- Maintain an interest in new advertising trends and techniques, why loyal customers buy certain products, and competitor activities and successful campaigns being delivered by other agencies
- Ability to build positive, collaborative relationships at all levels, interpret a brief and create an on-brand commercial response
- Evidence of an ability to understand new ideas quickly and to convey those ideas to others.
- Strong communication skills and ensure that internal processes are maintained and improved