Expedia is looking for a strong Native level German writer with an Ecommerce background and passion for travel and learning!
Content Manager - Expedia Content Hubs (like Blog and Globetrotter) ,
Are you a creative, prolific writer with strong communication skills and a passion for matters and trends ?
If so, we invite you to join the Expedia Family as a Freelancer and manage our content hubs like our inspirational blog (www.blog.expedia.de) as well as the travel guide “Globetrotter” (www.globetrotter.expedia.de).
No travel writing experience required just passion for travel and learning.
You will learn how to...
Order content aligned to the strategy, optimise articles from a SEO perspective, coordinate the freelancer community, do the outreach for campaigns and ensure that the right tracking is set up.
Your Scope of Responsibilities:
As German Content Manager, you will learn and be responsible for...
- Contacting and coordinating our bloggers/freelancers for our content hubs
- Ordering content from text agencies
- Expanding the network (including attendance at relevant blogger events etc.)
- Enhancing and implementing our blog and Globetrotter strategy
- Editorial responsibility of blog and globetrotter entries as well as editorial writing (incl. interviews with experts).
- Researching new topics and updating the content calendar
- Sourcing images (iStock, EDAM etc.)
- Cooperation with Social Media, Merchandising and PR in order to push relevant contributions
- Doing outreach for our content management campaigns
- Setting up new features and templates within both platforms
- Work with developers to improve and develop the content hubs
- Set up of reports (KPIs) on a regular basis (Google Analytics, Omniture, SEOClarity); analyse, monitor and report outcome on projects and identify new opportunities and strategies in the market
- Reporting about the spends for bloggers / freelancers and other content production
- Management of bloggers/freelancers via Lystable (contracts, onboarding process, invoicing)
- Competitor analysis and opportunity research
- Participation in UAT testings
- Optimise articles from a SEO perspective
What you should bring on board:
- Prolific writing skills with journalistic or editorial experience (also PR) and a knowledge of various writing styles, such as blog writing, composing texts for the company website, journalistic writing etc.
- A good sense and creativity for choosing topics and assessing relevance; detecting trends
- Personal motivation to contact, acquire and manage bloggers and journalists. Having a good network in place is advantageous, but proper motivation and a reliable feeling will suffice.
- understanding and work experience with CMS systems (Umbraco), Wordpress
- Good analytical understanding
- Efficient and self-driven, ability to maintain deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to get in charge of new tasks
The advertised position is assigned as full-time based in London.
Ideally, you should be a native German speaker, possess strong communication skills, have a variety of interests and be a team player.