The geography contractor is responsible for creating and maintaining geographic data required for a subset of lines of business, such as hotels, for points of sale. This work includes obtaining latitude and longitude data, database entry and understanding geographic hierarchy reporting infrastructures, etc. The ideal candidate will have worldwide geographic knowledge. The individual will have familiarity with mapping products such as MapPoint, Google Earth, and other web-based mapping tools. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects while addressing and following up issues in a timely fashion are required. The qualified geographer must have the ability to explain geographic complexities to uninformed users which may involve language and cultural differences.
- Completing individual tasks and communicating status on these tasks to impacted parties including point of sale and market management representatives.
- Applying geography team processes in order to complete his or her tasks within timelines.
- Provide support for geographers regarding large functional areas such as regional (Americas, Europe, and Asia) ownership of geographic data.
- 2+ years demonstrated administrative support
- Highly accurate data entry skills
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word and online tools
- Extremely detail oriented
- Experience with online mapping products, such as MapPoint, Bing Maps, Google Earth
- Knowledge of at least one foreign language is beneficial.
- Travel Industry experience and database knowledge are a plus
- Degree in Geography or related field preferred