START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 10 MONTHS
** A FORTUNE 500 RETAIL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL GEOGRAPHER! **
- Responsible for creating and maintaining geographic data required for a subset of lines of business, such as hotels, for points of sale.
- This work includes obtaining latitude and longitude data, database entry and understanding geographic hierarchy reporting infrastructures, etc.
- The ideal candidate will have worldwide geographic knowledge.
- The individual will have familiarity with mapping products such as MapPoint, Google Earth, and other web-based mapping tools.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects while addressing and following up issues in a timely fashion are required.
- The qualified geographer must have the ability to explain geographic complexities to uninformed users which may involve language and cultural differences.
- 2+ years demonstrated administrative support
- Highly accurate data entry skills
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word and online tools
- Extremely detail oriented
- Experience with online mapping products, such as MapPoint, Bing Maps, Google Earth
- Knowledge of at least one foreign language is beneficial.
- Travel Industry experience and database knowledge are a plus
- Degree in Geography or related field preferred