Character animators create and design characters using animation software, 3D modeling, 2D animations, and even puppetry. These creative professionals develop characters that use movement to tell a story, whether it’s for film, television, video games or mobile applications.
- Accomplished Character Animator (> 5-7 yrs you need to be very strong on-the-box and used to working production)
- You should have an eye for the humor and the eccentricities of life. Your work should have a strong, but adaptable POV.
- Deep familiarity with Maya essential (Kaydara, Houdini, Unity, Zbrush, Substance Designer, Touch Designer etc all pluses)
- Deep familiarity with real-time 3D graphics (the pipelines, the technical, perf and power constraints and the mindset to produce excellence with limited resources)
- Passion for great visual design that shows in your work (experience of work within a Design Studio a major plus)
- Ability of take care of yourself through Scripting is a major plus
- Comfortable working within an environment in which the goals evolve rapidly and technical and design hurdles need to be solved on the fly
Your day-to-day work will consist of the following:
- Working with Visual Designers, UX Designers, Interaction Designers and Developers to make great 3D Design
- Use your specific skills to problem solve and prototype new ideas
- To love production and build something everyday
- To help those around you do great work