We are looking for a Level Designer to implement user interfaces and design specifications under the direction of a senior Product Designer. May design or implement mock ups, task analysis, usability studies, personas, user flows, wireframes, style guides, navigational structures, and affinity diagrams. Assists in researching, prototyping, and usability testing of user features and functionality. Coordinates designs with other members of the design team. Assists in presenting and selling ideas to the product team.
About the Team
Our team supports the console convergence team and works on the pocket editions of the game. Currently working on DLC of previous releases. Team is currently working on level conversions for pocket edition through code base. Big release coming out this August. We need someone who can come in and assist in level conversion as well as creating new levels down the road. (first 3 months will be level conversion and after that time it will be creating levels and designs from paper to implementation.)
Ramp & Day to Day
First 3 months you will spend a few days a week familiarizing themselves with the level you are working on by making notes on things such as chest locations and content within the chests. After 2-3 days of playing the level you will use in house tools to convert the levels over and note any bugs that may arise during conversion. Typically takes 3-7 days taking notes on bugs but one level may take up to 3 weeks. You will then proceed to hand it off to testing group and responsible for fixing bugs. After the first 3 months, this candidate will be a part of designing and creating new levels.
- 2-4 years of level design experience (paper to implementation)
- Red Stone knowledge (basic understanding)
- Familiar with gaming
- Exposure to implementing and/or creating usability studies, personas, user flows, wireframes, style guides, navigational structures, and affinity diagrams is.
- Working knowledge of web technologies (HTML and CSS).
- Fluency with standard design software tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc).
- Strong interaction design skills.
- Excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have strong understanding of technical issues as they relate to product development.
- Experience with interactive web technologies.
- Strong knowledge or experience with database served websites.
- Knowledge of product development process preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Experience working with rich client or web applications is a plus.