Who Are You?
The applicant has an incredible opportunity to work with exciting technology, leading the way for the genomics and genetic testing industry. This position will be constantly changing and presenting new opportunities and challenges, which will allow you to create solutions and see them through. This is a full-time position that will require a certain type of person to work on the development of existing applications, manage projects and interface with co-workers and clients on a regular basis. We are looking for someone that likes to not just sit at his/her computer all day geeking out writing code and like to interact with other people or clients.
This position focuses on web-based application development for a variety of internal and external applications. We need someone who is a solid developer, able to learn new applications, deploy and document them quickly. This person will be responsible for the life cycle of software development which includes review, design specifications, programming, testing, documenting, testing, debugging and maintenance. Knowledge of systems management concepts, design and technical troubleshooting are critical. Should be able to work in a team environment and self-motivated with the ability to operate with minimal supervision. This person should also be proficient in developing and maintaining applications written in MVC frameworks such as Symfony. Good knowledge in IT and network administration is a solid plus and should be noted if capable.
The Run Down:
• You're an experienced LAMP expert who geeks off on his/her own time
• You're an awesome person that likes to have fun and sometimes goof off
• You have experience working with medium sized teams
• You're not a slacker, and don't replicate code all over the place
• You're funny. No really... we love a good laugh
• You're disciplined and floss everyday
• Knowledgeable of Object Oriented Programming concepts using an MVC web framework
• Experience with MVC frameworks such as Symfony.
• Develop and evolve wire-frames and example designs to continuously changing requirements
• Relational database experience (example: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server)
• Ability to read and write a variety of structured/semi-structured formats (example: XML, JSON, CSV, TSV)
• Understand the consumption and production of web services (example: REST, SOAP, AMQP)
• Navigate file systems and modify configurations for web services on Linux-based systems
• Working knowledge of code repository best practices and distributed version control (example: git/Subversion)
• Understanding of browser compatibility and screen limitations
• Review and implement designs generated by others while ensuring conformance to standards and the production of quality work
• Stays abreast of any industry-wide changes in design philosophy and any new tools and technologies being used for the Internet
• Ability to collaborate with System Architects, fellow Developers and Graphic Designers
• Outstanding general communication skills
• Able to work efficiently and meet/exceed deadlines under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to deal objectivity with peers
• Effective multi-tasking abilities
Requirements & Skills:
BA or advanced degree in related industry such as Computer Science, IT, etc. Qualified applicants should have a minimum of 5 years of experience writing software for online applications or some equivalent experience.
What we offer:
This position is located in Aliso Viejo, CA and will require you to be at the office Monday - Friday during normal business hours.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Who Are You?