With offices in Philadelphia, Washington DC, Australia, Brussels and London, and with additional staff in other regions of the United States and around the globe, this client provides an exciting learning environment and the opportunity to work with highly talented individuals. They are a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization that values creativity and innovative thinking and fosters strong teamwork with mutual respect.
The Front End Developer position is located in Washington, DC and is a member of the Digital and Creative team. This position reports to the Manager, Digital Strategy, and is responsible for front-end development of interactive visual solutions for the communications needs of the organization. He/she applies artistic sensibility, technical skills, interactive storytelling, communications, and problem-solving abilities to advance research and advocacy goals. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. This position works with the designers and bridges the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how applications look as well as how they work. This position requires the ability to work collaboratively and effectively across a variety of teams and projects with unique topics and objectives. Good judgment and initiative are necessary in coordinating activities and responding to project obligations.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of four years of applicable professional experience required.
- Ability to produce forward thinking, efficient, clean, error-free interactive solutions.
- Understanding of the entire web development process, with an emphasis on front end design and development, including the ability to define workflow processes, version control management, environment management, required tools and software.
- Solid understanding of front-end development techniques used to optimize presentation layer across multiple devices and channels. Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience working with interactive design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Invision, etc.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good understanding of analytics principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent organization, initiative, and flexibility and responsiveness to changing requirements and conditions.
- Solid understanding of the interactive development landscape and upcoming trends.
- Additionally, candidates should work well in a collaborative, team environment, while possessing the ability to work independently as well as set timelines, track progress and lead reviews and feedback sessions.
If interested and would like more information, please apply to this posting and qualified candidates will be contacted immediately.