As one of the most visited websites in the world, you’ll have the opportunity to create future-proof, compelling, standards-based experiences for visitors across the globe on an endless list of devices. We’re seeking an individual who has a proven history of turning design concepts into polished web experiences. Ideally, you have a history of both designing and developing websites – big or small, size doesn’t matter – but quality projects that originated inside your head. More importantly, you are absolutely passionate about the web, the cross-device browser, websites/web applications, and the devices that access them.
The ideal candidate is a thought leader in the space of user experience, interaction and building for the web. You acknowledge and embrace the unpredictability of the future of the web and have an undeniable thirst for the interoperability of experiences, well-constructed content and structure as the foundation of any great experience. You’re opinionated on the way things should be built and the processes by which we should get there – but your opinions are built on a respectable foundation of experience.
• Turn design concepts into polished, accessible, cross-device, responsive experiences.
• Leverage your experience with a broad range of technology stacks, platforms and workflow tools to do your best work and teach others to do the same
• Designing HTML-based prototypes from scratch and by leveraging custom-built or third party frameworks
• expertise in the appropriate use of HTML5 and CSS3 in modern experiences on the web
• Mobile-first approaches to web design using fluid grids, flexible images, and media
• Modern CSS techniques and pre-processors (SASS, SMACSS)
• Cross-browser and cross-device development & testing
• Understanding of responsive web design techniques as well as the limitations of the devices and browsers of our users.
• Version control in a team environment
• Established and respected user experience and design sensibilities
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs