Our client in the financial services industry is looking for a Front End Web Designer on a contract basis.
- Working as part of the User Experience team. Will develop and document user-centric design methodologies, style guides, web standards and CSS/HTML best practices.
- Responsible for hand coding of CSS/HTML, prototyping of website pages, interaction of website pages, code walkthrough, testing and QA.
- Will also make recommendations for front end technologies.
- Skilled with image optimization.
- Strong understanding of usability and accessibility issues. Experience with hand coding CSS/XHTML, coding Java, including JSF and JSP and experience with Web 2.0 applications (social media, mobile, tablet).
Additional Job Details:
- You are self-directed and interact with technology and business partners at all levels.
- You should be comfortable in a fast-paced customer focused environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of design patterns Experience with: Applying client side MV* frameworks such as backbone.js and angularJS Web Accessibility
- Responsive Design and Single Page Applications (SPA) Application performance tuning and capacity planning
- Developing against NoSQL systems like MongoDB Web API and RESTful service
- Understanding of Agile software development principles along with experience participating in agile projects