What will you do?
• Contribute heavily to the re-design and development client sites.
• Work in cross-functional teams to understand complex business requirements and implement creative solutions.
• Create web applications that are highly: usable, scalable, maintainable, and mobile-friendly.
• Evaluate and implement new technologies, frameworks and concepts to improve our infrastructure.
• Contribute to all aspects of the project lifecycle: define, design, develop, and test.
• Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes.
• Work in an environment that values integrity and nurtures creative growth for each individual on the team.
You will work with the development team in creating coding frameworks. You will also guide designs provided by UI/UX to ensure both excellent user experiences and sound engineering practices are implemented. You will report directly to the Technical Director and provide updates on your tasks and on any issues encountered. You will interface with the client management team to understand the complex business rules driving the functional requirements. Additionally, you will work with the Quality Assurance team to perform root cause analysis and to provide a timely resolution on defects.
• Good breadth and/or depth of knowledge in website/application development outside of core skills.
• Strong attention to details and abstract thinking skills.
• BS/BA in Computer Science or related field.
• Mobile-friendly responsive UI design and development.
• RESTful Interfaces.
• Effective UI / UX.
• Implementing complex business requirements over high dimensional data.
• Database: MySQL or similar.
• Source control: SVN or similar.
• Defect tracker: JIRA or similar.
• Effective communicator able to:
- create detailed design specifications.
- work with remote teams.
- explain technical issues in non-technical terms.
• Nice to have:
- SourceForge / Github (examples of work).
- Less / Sass (CSS Preprocessor).
- Handlebars / Mustache.js / Isotope.js
- IE8/9 coding compatibility
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs