As part of a small, dynamic team, our Front End Developer will work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. He/she must be self-motivated, flexible and capable of handling multiple assignments. He/she must be passionate about technology and Ecommerce and be willing to roll up their sleeves and tackle any assignment given to them.
The Front End Developer is responsible for developing, troubleshooting, testing, and maintaining the company website, focusing primarily on site code and Magento templates. The FED troubleshoots system problems and issues and looks for ways to improve the application as well as estimating, tasking out, building, deploying and testing code that supports the company's initiatives. The FED works on projects and tasks as assigned by the product manager which drive merchandising, web and company goals. Successful candidates should have at least 3-5 years of engineering and development experience and be comfortable with the following primary responsibilities.
• Responsible for working in partnership with external back end development team to deliver the user experience, business and functional requirements.
• Work within the Magento templates to implement new features and functionality.
• Write and comment code to standards, implementing best practices, with site stability, speed and performance as goals.
• Build and test for cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility: mobile, tablet, computer.
• Work with product manager to accurately estimate and scope development work including the ability to task out development and provide levels of effort for assigned projects.
• Works well as a team member on projects, understanding how the team operates and what is expected of the various roles on the project.
• Able to shift between various assignments while adhering to priorities as designated by product manager.
• Work with project stakeholders and product manager to facilitate user acceptance testing.
• Participate in large project User Acceptance Testing, as assigned.
• Follow established workflow ticketing process in designated tool.
• Participate in defining and utilizing in-house coding standards.
• Contribute to team WIKI knowledge base.
• Participate in live site support and incident resolution including an on-call rotation during peak seasons.
• Able to take initiative to research and learn about emerging technologies.
• Stay current with core web development technology trends, capabilities, and limitations.
• Bonus points for familiarity or experience with SQL, GITHUB (code repository), HTML5,Magento Enterprise, Basecamp
• Demonstrate an intimate knowledge of front-end web development best practices — including optimization, cross-platform issues, debugging.
• Knowledge of Web standards, technologies, and terminology
• Experience Optimizing for Search Engines
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to estimate level of effort based on high level requirements
• Solid communication skills, ability to collaborate, take direction and work within a cross-functional team
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs