The Design Tools team seeks a developer to create designer tools. The ideal candidate has a breadth of front-end development experience, including creation of app extensions. This person is passionate about building great tools and enabling great design.
In this role, you will work closely with the design team to build tools that help designers deliver inclusive and accessible user experiences for products. Passion and knowledge about accessibility is ideal.
- At least 5 years of experience developing Web-based applications and app extensions. Advanced knowledge of web-based UI frameworks, toolkits, and techniques.
- You must be ready to take on the challenge of learning new technologies, working on fast-paced projects, and pitching in wherever needed.
- You should be comfortable working in a very collaborative team as well as communicating with Design, Development, and PM.
- You should be prepared to deal with a certain level of ambiguity, shifting priorities, and adapting to user feedback.
- Preferred: passion and experience in building solutions that meet accessibility requirements and work better for people of all abilities
- Nice to have: experience with design skill at some level (comfort with Illustrator, Sketch and other modern design tools).
- Ability to design complicated algorithms
- Expert level understanding of CSS/HTML (i.e. knowledge of Less/Sass)
- Deep understanding of generics and being highly creative in using generic classes and methods
- Understanding of recursion and ability to implement and debug recursive methods
- Ability to write performant, readable, robust, memory-leak-free code.
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC (especially Razor views and HTML helper extensions)
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented concepts + hands-on experience OOP using C#