We are looking for a full-time Developer for our client in Indianapolis, IN. They are actively seeking a developer to assist with their growing development tasks. The ideal candidate is someone who stays up-to-date with current trends, enjoys the challenges of development, has the passion and drive to push themselves, and are fiercely loyal to finding the best solution.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to): systems analysis, code creation, testing, build/release technical documentation and customer technical support. They use Laravel and Vue.js as their frameworks of choice and would prefer a developer with experience in these frameworks (or similar MVC and JS frameworks).
- A specific skill set we seek is for the individual to write test code for one of our tools.
- Use various web programming software tools to produce dynamic data-driven sites and tools for the end clients using a variety of target platforms and browser software.
- Internal consultant for developing hour estimates for customization requests
- Work across the company in a collaborative effort to help develop new ideas for client business challenges
- Work with an open, creative team in a collaborative, business casual environment
- Manage multiple projects under the guidance of a department and project leaders
- Application/Framework design as needed
- Specifications/Requirements gathering as needed
- Routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications.
- Help architect and build scalable, responsive and secure web applications and features
- Experience in testing and debugging
- Implementing third-party APIs (Twilio, Pubmed, and more)
- We’re not looking for designers, but if you’re the developer who says “modifying HTML isn’t my job”, it’s not going to work out.
Skills & Qualifications:
- PHP and Object-Oriented Programming
- Ability to communicate with REST and WebSocket based APIs
- Be comfortable working with agile / scrum / Kanban
- Ability to build SPA’s without the use of jQuery (preferred)
- Familiar with at least 1 back-end MVC Framework: Laravel, etc
- Familiar with at least 1 web UI framework: Vue, React, etc
- GIT Workflow / Version Control
- Comfortable with system administration of Linux servers
- Knowledgeable regarding good database design and proficient in writing SQL queries
- Understanding of common attacks (XSS, SQL injections)
- Experience with cross-browser development
- Ability to learn and pick up new skills quickly
- Strong problem-solving skills, effective multi-tasking and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects.
We seek candidates that can hit the ground running so there is a minimum requirement to quickly assimilate existing environment and become productive. However, support will be provided to address any shortfalls for the right candidate.
Nice to Haves: not required
- Experience with Laravel a huge plus. We don’t expect you to code like Jeffery Way, but that would be awesome.
- Experience with Vue.js a huge plus.
- LDAP, OAuth, or other authentication tools
- Experience with 3rd Party API Services
- Google Analytics or similar
- Shopping Cart Tech
- Email SMTP Gateways (like Mailgun)
- Server Management
- Merchant Processing (Paypal, Stripe, Authorize.net, Braintree)
- SMS and Phone Gateways (Twilio, Tropo)
- Salesforce and/or Veeva
Education and/or Experience:
While education and experience are highly valued, we are looking for anyone who shows a desire to learn, solid worth ethics, a positive attitude, and real passion towards all things web. The type of developer we seek has a passion for experimenting with new technologies, prototyping new ideas quickly, and applying what they learn to their own personal projects. Does that sound like you?
You do not have to be a CS Major or have 3+ years of experience to apply here. Prove to us that you have the know-how, that you crave beautifully written code, and that you want to build some truly amazing experiences. We’re looking for passionate doers. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States as our organization does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status for this employment position.