We are seeking a Front End Developer to join our UX team for a 2-month contract. You will be a key contributor to the improvement and evolution of the UX for our tools and services, which empower companies to develop innovative wireless products. You will contribute to the creative direction and execution of projects through user research, design iteration, prototyping, and usability testing. You will be responsible for implementing visual elements and behaviors that users see and interact with in a web application. And you will contribute to and maintain the visual and interaction models defined by the UX Team.
Is this you?
You possess a natural curiosity and passion for design and user experience. You are a great communicator, well organized, and constantly setting and managing expectations. You are hands on, proactive, lead by example, and show an exceptional eye for detail and knowledge of craft. You have the innate ability to understand problems at a deep level, and are driven to understand before leaping to conclusions. You have the courage and conviction to champion unconventional approaches and creative solutions to problems. And you are professional, honest, and uphold the highest standards of personal integrity. If this is you, we would like to meet with you.
This position reports to the Manager of UX and is part of the UX team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deliver innovative, engaging user-facing solutions
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from UX designers, researchers, and engineers
- Assist with final development of our tools, sites, and products
- Define and maintain our branded pattern library of UI components, behaviors, error messaging and user assistance
- Keep up with the latest technologies and design trends and incorporate what is appropriate into our products
Skills & Requirements
- Experience developing websites, applications, and services
- Familiarity with prevelant development frameworks, such as Bootstrap
- Experience with mobile platform development, adaptive and responsive design
- Proficiency with UX processes, methods, and techniques, including user research and usability testing
- Hands-on experience building interactive prototypes of various levels of fidelity
- Familiarity with standard UX design and prototyping tools, such as Axure, Balsamiq, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver
- Familiarity in working with Agile Development teams and processes
- Ability to manage design schedules and communicate status of projects
- Ability to present, explain and defend ideas, design direction and priorities
- Ability to work individually, as part of a team, and partner with other disciplines
- Ability to communicate design specification to developers
- Flexibility with approaches and ideas; always willing to try something new
- Ability to focus on the big picture as well as the details
- Ability to work at a conceptual level and on final designs
- Ability to work in an iterative environment
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines