Front End Developer - London - up to £485 per day
Our client is a major Internet based travel retailer and they are looking for a Front End Developer, with a focus on implementing new features and functionality whilst innovating within the search and booking experience.
Having over 30 million monthly visitors across multiple brands in 80 countries in nearly 40 languages and growing does still pose some interesting technical problems, but taking complex tasks and making it super simple and intuitive is what makes our job entertaining so we can focus on delivering quality features and products to our global customers.
They don't need you to be equally strong in all areas, but it is important that you be comfortable with your ability to do all these things, and if you are exceptionally good at some of them they look forward to seeing you at your best.
• Write code — lots of it
• Write client-side code for web-based applications.
• Optimise web applications to improve speed and scale
• Work in an agile team and look for ways to continuously improve through asking and providing feedback
• Analyse and resolve production support issues in cooperation with the Operations team and other developers
• Ensure that all code that your team produces is rigorously tested in an automated fashion (we encourage TDD/BDD)
• Work closely with product owners to define road-maps and backlogs
• Discussing Technical solutions with peers and providing creative new ideas to solutions
• Effectively communicate and collaborate across locations and time zones
• Knows when to ask for help, but is rarely blocked waiting for it
Education and Experience:
• Solid experience with ES6 or other JS libraries
• Experience using CSS pre-processors (SASS or LESS).
• Up-to-date familiarity with emerging W3C standards (HTML5, CSS(4), etc)
• Extensive knowledge of cross-browser/multi-device support; mobile-first
• Working knowledge of node, npm, gulp workflows
• Solid understanding of Web Accessibility, experience building sites to at least an AA standard
• Good knowledge of MV* (MVC) Frameworks and templating
• Flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects
• Great organizational and multi-tasking skills and ability to work well in a rapidly changing environment and meet tight deadlines effectively
• Solid experience with agile project methodologies
• Experience working with distributed teams
• Committed to producing high quality code with a strong attention to detail
• Be a Clean Code practitioner
• A self-starter, who is driven and takes initiative
Level up if you…
• Have expert knowledge working with ReactJs or similar frameworks
• Have experience automation testing your own code (Jasmine, Mocha, PhantomJS)
• Have experience with AWS technologies