- Work with design and engineering to implement the front-end UX of a product or product area
- Fit and finish development
- Collaboration with design and engineering to ensure that interaction, visual and motion designs are implemented according to design intent
- Help define best practices for building maintainable code bases
- Positive working relationships with Design, Engineering, and PM partners: Design Developers work closely with their partner teams to develop feature timelines and schedules. Managing schedule and expectations realistically will be key in making sure our products ship on time with a high quality bar
- Design DNA + engineering thinking: The best Design Developers have that rare blend of both design sensibilities and design process as well as a desire to get under the hood of how UI really works. That means expert knowledge of front-end development, as well as the ability to understanding the building blocks that make up a piece of UI, and all the considerations that can go into building a dynamic piece of software that ships in hundreds of languages and form factors
- Passion for pixels: Design Developers are passionate about making hand-crafted quality UI at scale. Candidates must be strong collaborators who can take input from the right people and deliver solutions independently. Great Design Developers are perfectionists who understand that every solution to a tough problem will require trade-offs
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills: Design Developers translate developer-speak to designers and designer-speak to developers. UX is at the intersection of many disciplines, so the Design Developer needs to be able to work well with many different partners from many disciplines to get the job done right.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience building high quality user experiences.
- Expertise in web development technologies (CSS, JS, Angular, TypeScript, NodeJS, etc…) and related concepts.
- Experience with git for source control is also useful.
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills