Front End Developer - London -up to £450 per day
Having over 30 million monthly visitors across multiple brands in 80 countries in nearly 40 languages and growing does still pose some interesting technical problems, but taking complex tasks and making it super simple and intuitive is what makes our job entertaining so we can focus on delivering quality features and products to our global customers.
Our client is a major Internet based travel retailer and they are looking for a Front End Developer, with a focus on implementing new features and functionality whilst innovating within the search and booking experience.
• Have been tirelessly sharpening your web development skills for several years
• Enjoy making designs and UX mocks come to life across different browsers and breakpoints
• Know that the code you write is robust and efficient enough to be served to millions of users without issues
• Love creating usable features for the end user, working together with UX designers and backend developers
• Are confident enough to push back on features or designs that you feel will not be usable or just won't work reliably across various devices / languages etc
• Have a thorough understanding of the DOM, the HTML doctype and writing semantic HTML templates
• Thrive when writing mobile first CSS using a pre-processor such as SASS
• Feel at home writing asynchronous code which handles data coming from various internal and external services
• Keep current with modern and emerging UI tools and technologies
• Understand the challenges and best practices of developing multilingual websites (including RTL languages)
• Can work with regular expressions, even if you don't feel like a guru
• Like finding the simplest solutions to the most complex problems