Our client are a large news/publishing brand based in West London currently looking to recruit a freelance UX Designer to join their digital team asap! They are in the process of finding someone permanent but need a freelance candidate to cover in the meantime.
As a User Experience Designer, you’ll be responsible for the UX for the brands Digital products and services across the product lifecycle; from information gathering and concept development, to producing wireframes and UX deliverables.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established national news media group with a fast-growing digital business. You will be working on products that are at the heart of news consumption and a massive driver of growth for the group.
As a UX Designer you will work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, in the digital team and wider business, to design and develop outstanding products and services. You will use your expertise to ensure the UX output meets usability, accessibility, design and quality standards.
This candidate will apply user-centred approaches to address complex design problems and provide solid design solutions. You will know when to conduct suitable analysis or evaluations to help define problems they would like to solve, whilst keeping an eye on emerging trends within digital experiences.
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
• Understand user experience and user centred design best practices and apply those practices to achieve user & business goals.
• Advanced skills in prototyping and mapping tools (e.g. Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch).
• Collaborative approach to creating engaging UX solutions both with business and Product Design and Development teams.
• Comfortable communicating to a range of audiences, from presenting work to wider teams to defining the detailed UX with Designers and Developers.
• Excellent analytical skills & experienced in using analytics to drive decisions.
• Creative, with strong organisational and project management skills.
• Proven ability in dealing with and presenting to senior management teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Having a customer as well as results focus.
• Creativity/innovation - generates new ideas, lateral thinking, challenges the status quo, supports change and solves problems creatively.
• Problem solving/judgment - recognises problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues and communicates decisions to others.
• Planning - develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources.
• Initiative - tackles problems and takes independent action.
If you tick these boxes and are available for work coming up, please send your CV and UX Portfolio/Case Studies through to Holly at Aquent.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications, we may only be able to respond to you if your CV has been shortlisted.