Our renowned global investment and insurance client is looking for a talented freelance Technical Writer to join their team in Berkeley Heights, NJ. This is a long term freelance engagement (until Dec. 2018 and beyond), 40 hours a week, healthcare benefits provided, 401k, FlexSpend, and more are part of this engagement through AQUENT
What You Will Do:
- As Technical Writer, you join the Operations Knowledge Management (KM) Program whose purpose is to help operations staff improve employee productivity and customer experience.
- The current Knowledge Management team needs support with content analysis of their current knowledge management system so contact support staff can find content, get answers quickly, optimizing the client experience. (interviewing users, watching/listening live support, FAQ’S, online Help Desk, etc.).
- In this important role, you will support the content assessment to determine what content the client needs to reformat or create to meet user needs
- You will work with internal stake holders, IT, Subject Matter Experts to drive the content assessment and content migration for the Operations Team.
- Your day-to-day looks like this: editorial writing for repurposed content, create original content that is digestible content (readability/user friendly). You will also add tags for taxonomy and link content, troubleshoot and train new users
What You Need:
- 4-year degree (plus desirable)
- Strong writing and editorial skills for operational procedures, user instructions, FAQs. As we move through the process, the client will require some sample writing and if selected, the client will initiate a writing test just to see your approach to writing and editing
- Ability to convert information into digestible content (readability/user friendly)
- Experience in working with any customer facing operations team with an understanding of user experience concepts
- Ability to analyze different data (e.g. call types, escalations, errors, content usage metrics, search metrics) and take actionable steps (improve or create new content)
- Excel skills for usage metrics, experience working with HTML Editors, HTML Coding (or other web based coding like CSS or Java) a plus as well as experience in marketing content, creating content for Customer Service functions
- A background in Consumer or Tech companies is highly desirable.
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com