Our client, the internal agency of a major CPG firm, is seeing an experienced Production Artist to support a 2-3 week project. Could be ongoing for the right person.
Corporate/Agency background a must, ability to work in a fast paced environment, same day deadlines! The candidate will work under the direction of the Production Manager and will partner with design staff (Production Manager, Artists, Project Managers and/or designers) on meeting and exceeding client expectations on the overall refinement of a project.
This candidate will be responsible for production mechanics:
-Correcting, editing and developing design layouts and graphics for packaging, displays and etc.
- Use expertise in design and computer applications to review final designs and layouts.
- In finalizing the products, artist will suggest improvements and modify formats to increase the quality of production and ensure that standards are met.
-Technical duties will include scaling, cropping, retouching, repositioning and pre-flighting, or eliminating defective and excessive imaging. (Responsible for archiving and updating graphic files)
- Work with Art Director, Production Manager, Designers and Marketing to develop "on strategy" layouts. (Emphasis on 3D rendering, spot colors, layouts/call outs, appropriate way to name files)
- Reviews creative brief with Production Manager to obtain feedback and approval on pages built.
-Work with Production Manager to establish and implement procedures for image maintenance to improve the efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Attend quality control/ review meetings to ensure consistency of service
-80% production, 20% other projects (design/concept)
Bachelors or Art Design degree/certification
5+ years of production design experience
5-7 years of experience in packaging, print, (POP displays) and POS
Mechanical techniques: UPC codes/bar codes, scaling, cropping, retouching, repositioning and pre-flighting
Good sense of perspective, communication, “thick skin” and move forward to find solutions approach
Production design experience in digital (online/e-blasts): not required but a plus
Familiarity of working in a PC and Mac environment
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs