My client are a fantastic advertising agency renowned for working on some fantastic world renowned integrated campaigns across the board. With an amazing client list and brilliant working environment, they are looking to bring in a freelance Print Production Manager to work within their fantastic team on an ad-hoc basis.
Reporting into their Head of Studio, your responsibiltiy will be to ensure all press (national, regional, supplements and magazines) are delivered to titles on time with all the correct details. You'll be processing schedules, setting up workflows and ensuring they're up to date and cross referencing with media bookings.
On a day to day basis, you'll be the point of contact for all press queries and the person who manages the client expecttions, ensuring that productivity is kept up to speed and that the creative team know where they need to be with projects as well as what the expecations are.
Other responsbilities include:
- Adding campaigns and insertions, with correct rotation and deadlines to Specle, and keep it up to date as schedules change
- To remind Studio Managers, Creative Producers and Account Team of impending deadlines
- Check proofs for errors and any possible reproduction issues, flagging when needed
- Get proofs signed off by the relevant people (Account Team/Creative Producer/Creative)
- Deal with publication copy chases by phone and email, ensuring a good relationship is maintained
- An obsession with quality and detail
- A good understanding of media schedules and used to dealing with a wide variety of formats and rotation plans
- Experience of using online campaign management and delivery tools, ideally Specle
- Some experience of proofing RIPs and printers, ideally GMG and Epson
- Proactive, self-sufficient, organised, patient and a team player
- At least a basic knowledge of the following key software: Adobe CS – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat
All in all, they are looking for someone who has a fantastic understanding of the overall press process, is passionate about working with creatives but most importantly can hit the ground running and make their lives easier, so if this sounds like you ... please get in touch!