Our valued NYC Fortune 500 client is in need of a long term freelance Graphic Designer, onsite, 40 hours a week. This role runs until the end of the year with the opportunity to extend into 2018. As a (freelance) Graphic Designer, you will be working on both print and digital design, interactive PDFs, and occasionally a short video utilizing AfterEffects. The Ideal candidate should come from an environment where you will do conceptualizing and not strictly production and repeatable design work.
This historic client is going through a major resurgence and has provided its clients with financial security and investment opportunities since 1841. As a mutual company, it is owned solely by its policyholders, to whom it pays annual dividends and provides long-term coverage on a wide range of insurance products.
What You Will Do:
- As a key member of the creative team, you will transform complex insurance, investment, and other financial information into easily understood, branded visually engaging printed and digital experiences.
- Ideally you are just as comfortable discussing process and spot colors, trims and die cuts, paper weights and other print production specifications as you are in exploring considerations for developing interactive PDFs, animating PowerPoint presentations, and other digital marketing and communication pieces that require an understanding of user experience.
- The role also involves executing final designs for production that are print-ready or pixel perfect. In doing so, you will work with the design team across a wide range of projects including our print media, promotions, special events, and client projects.
- Work closely with project managers, art directors, and brand managers to meet daily design deadlines, maintain brand consistency
- Interpret messaging in marketing text, and create appropriate layouts and visual assets to better communicate concepts (i.e. data visualization, infographics, presentation decks & animations, and more.) as well as image research.
What You Need:
- 5+ years of related work experience and a Degree in Design, Visual Communications
- Candidate MUST have an online portfolio demonstrating experience that illustrates a wide variety of design solutions
- Must have financial or insurance experience
- Highly competent in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Proficient on Mac/Windows Platforms, knowledge of HTML/CSS; proficient in Adobe Flash/Animate CC, Dreamweaver & Premiere Pro; knowledge of Adobe DPS and AEM Mobile, Adobe AfterEffects.
- Knowledge of offset print and digital print processes and production methods
- Ability to work within brand guidelines while remaining fresh and unique.
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com