Vitamin T is seeking a Freelance Designer who is available to work in our client's Los Angeles office on an as-needed basis.
Reporting to the Content Director, this Designer creates compelling visuals and motion graphics used to populate social media channels and for other online and offline applications. The ideal candidate is ambitious and adaptable with passion for design and pop-culture/social media. Talent must have experience designing for Social networks and have a portfolio of this work to back it up!
What you’ll be doing:
- Use graphics packages such as Photoshop and Illustrator, traditional illustration skills, and produce photo shoots and video shoots, to create visual communications that answer any given creative brief, to a high standard.
- Help develop pitch decks, corporate presentations and branded documents that present information in a clear articulate manner.
- Complete the majority of workload with little (preferably no) supervision from senior colleagues.
- Assist colleagues across the company in producing visuals and presentations that meet the high aesthetic standards of the Design Team. This includes developing template decks and documentation that can easily be personalized.
- Actively contribute to brainstorms, especially with regards to the visual and tactical execution of ideas.
- Justify to colleagues why a particular font, color, composition or subject choice is made in order answer a particular brief.
- Actively contribute to team meetings and other Design Team initiatives. Play a team role in elevating our reputation (both internally and externally) as a 'creative powerhouse'.
- Take creative lead on clients and be the go-to person for any and all design requests for them.
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience as a junior designer or designer within the creative industry.
- A mastery of Photoshop, and a strong working knowledge of Keynote and Illustrator.
- Experience with other creative tools and packages would be beneficial but not required.
- A demonstrable passion for creativity and an education/background that involved artistic expression.
- An interesting portfolio that demonstrates the fundamentals of design, from layout and typography, to color and composition within social.
- The ability to draw/illustrate and/or experience in photography preferred.
- A thorough understanding of (and appreciation for) social media, and the main features, benefits and limitations of all of the major social platforms.
- Excellent English language/writing skills, which enable the individual to communicate visual concepts clearly to team members and integrate grammatically-correct copy into designs without spelling errors.
- Experience of working on projects involving consumer brands, and an understanding of working within brand guidelines for specific audiences.
- Excellent time management skills and experience working on multiple projects with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- An energetic team player, with a can-do attitude and a positive personality.