A global fashion retailer are looking for a Freelance Account Manager. You will be the key liaison point within the European Activation team for creative projects, you will work closely with the European Project Managers and creative teams to ensure that work developed is on brief, delivered on time and to budget.
- Receive briefs, read and ensure that all relevant information is contained within.
- Push back where necessary.
- Organize briefing meetings with creative, client, project managers (where necessary).
- Creative development/Strategy.
- Work with creative teams and input into creative development and strategy development where appropriate.
- Keep up to date on competitor activity and share this with the wider team.
- Build strong relationships with day to day client contacts.
- Be able to effectively but artfully challenge clients on work that is on brief but being rejected.
- Be responsible for providing critical paths for all projects and that these are clearly communicated to all parties.
- To be responsible for leading the status meetings and ensuring that any actions from them are carried out.
- To ensure that status reports are prepared and circulated on a regular basis.
- Develop strong relationships with the Creative Producers, Studio Manager and Print Production teams to ensure projects are delivered on schedule.
- Ensure that the Production teams – both Print and Creative production receive the creative brief.
- Work closely with them to produce critical paths.
- Communicate timelines to all concerned and help them stick to it.
- Work closely with the print management team to develop knowledge about print and production process in order to advise clients.
- Ensure that budgets are received from clients.
- Be responsible for communicating to client any production estimates or external costs incurred on projects – (excluding print production which will be done by the print production team).
- Ensure that any finance reconcilliations are also sent to clients.
- Project de-briefs.
- To be responsible for leading and documenting any project debriefs where appropriate. (Excluding those where the European Project Managers are involved).
Key Skills, Knowledge and experience:
- At least 2 years of Project Management or Account Management experience within a creative agency
- Experience of managing people
- Confidence and gravitas to lead meetings where appropriate
- Be articulate and confident enough to voice opinions
- Capable of juggling multiple projects
- Have good creative judgement and creative strategic skills
- Be able to build good relationships with creative teams
- Good knowledge of print and production processes
- Understanding of web and digital
- Strong practical knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Be able to motivate team members during difficult times and keep projects moving forward