Aquent's client, an American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products, is seeking a Creative Writer for a 12–month assignment.
Pay: Up to $99/hr. DOE
Ability to speak and write fluently in one of the following languages:
French, French (Canadian), Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil), English (UK), English (AU)
Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Spanish (Spain), Italian, Russian, Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Mandarin), Thai
Have you ever written for a character for film, TV, video game, or comic book that can deliver a joke that can make a grandmother or teen smile? Are you the person at the party who wins the trivia contest because you can finish the fun film quote or recite obscure music lyrics? And, you can do all of this in English and another foreign language? If this sounds like you, this team may have a seat for you next to one of our talented team of characters who are creating some fun and giving our product personality.
The Product Personality team is dedicated to bringing a bit of fun and human touch to people interacting with the product through chat, phones, TVs, watches and other devices we haven’t even thought of yet. As a Creative Writer, you’ll be helping to adapt the product persona for your region. You’ll be writing dialogue and curating a wide range of content including jokes, quotes, fun facts, and games making sure it all feels natural for the market.
Success will be measured both in terms of quantity (delivering a high volume of content) and quality (delivering culturally appropriate compelling content).
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities
- Adapting content to local market.
- Creating and curating locale-specific content.
- Writing and editing for dialogue and character development.
- Creating and maintaining style guide.
- BS/BA Degree (Manager is open to area of study)
- 5+ years as a writer for a mass consumer audience.
- Experience writing dialogue for television, film, commercials, plays/screenplays, fiction/interactive fiction, and/or comedy/entertainment.
- Excellent organization and ability to juggle multiple projects independently.
- Demonstrated experience working with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Fluent in English.
Nice to have
- BA Degree in Liberal arts or equivalent area of study-
- Experience and interest in product & game design, design skills, & artificial intelligence.
- Passion for pop-culture and current news.
- Professional experience managing translation at scale.